WORLD HISTORY MEGA SITES
- Ancient History Sites Mr. Kash's History--Early Man Through Rome
- World History Sites Mr. Kash's History--Rome Through Enlightenment
- World and American History Social Studies Topics from Kathi Mitchell
- Mr. Donn's Ancient History Links, Lessons and Activities
- Teacher Oz's Kingdom of History Amazing Set of World and U.S. History Sites
- History Projects on Pinterest 1000's of ideas
- Easy Fun School Great Hands on Activities for History..
- 100+ Hands-On Projects Middle and High School projects
- Best of History A Collection of World and U.S. History Sites
- Mr. Dowling's Ancient History World History For Kids
- Cybersleuthkids History Civilizations and More
- U.S. History and Government Ms. Hotz Socal Studies...AP
- Social Studies Homework Help P.J. Pinchbeck's great collection!
- Ancient History Encyclopedia Great ancient history information
- About.com Ancient History Find A Long List of Ancient History Links
- Social Studies Great Set of Links By BJ Pinchbeck
- 42eXplore Links and Projects Social Studies Web Sites and Projects
- History on the Net History A to Z -- World and United States
- Education Index History Sites History Resources Indexed A-Z
- Ancient History Sourcebook Origins, Near East, Persia, Israel, Greece, Rome
- History Teacher.net Topic and Links--Prehistoric to Modern Times
- Virtual Middle School Library World History Links
- SCORE History/Social Science History and Geography Resources and Activities
- Crystalinks Ancient Civilizations Ancient and Lost Civilizations
- WorldHistoryForUS All Electronic World History Curriclum, Lessons.
- The Flow of History A Dynamic and Graphic Approach to History
- Eyewitness to History Eyewitness Accounts -- Ancient to Modern History
- Math and Ancient Civilizations Solve Ancient Mysteries With Math--Scholastic
- Museum of Ancient Inventions Learn Who and When Inventions Were Made
- Ancient China Ancient China OUP by Mr. Sabato
- The Asian World Ancient China, Japan, Mongolia and Korea OUP
- Myth Creator Have Fun Creating Your Own Myth--Scholastic
- Research Starter on Confucius Start With A Brief Biography and Follow Links
- Ancient Rome Ancient Rome OUP Links by Mr. Sabato
- Mr. Sabato's Mayan Links Lessons, Enrichment Activities, and Links
- Google Earth Ancient Rome You Tube Tutorial on GE Ancient Rome
- Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire BBC Video
- Industrial Revolution Interactive Summary
- Mesopotamia Inventions and Discoveries YouTube Video
- Flow Charts of History History Made Simple--Outlines into Charts!
- History Video Clips Ancient Rome from HowStuffWorks
- History Teacher Resources Study guides, online quizes/games...
- A Virtual History Classroom PowerPoints, links for World and US history
- Rome, China, Asia, Maya Mr. Sabato Extension - Page 2
- Best Sites Social Studies
- PowerPoint Palooza: Lots of PowerPoints for US and World History
- Folklore and Mythology Resource Guide
TOPIC SPECIFIC SITES--WORLD HISTORY
Ancient Rome--Unit Links
Below are some of my favorite sites with great links to sites about Ancient Rome.
For your Bibliography use the Citation Machine.
Citation Machine: Easily Make Citations MLS Style--Landmark Project
Pearson/Prentice Hall Textbook Support---ROME UNIT: Medieval and Early Modern Times
Find More Links in the World History Mega Sites above.
SPECIAL: I have selected some of my favorite sites about the Aztecs, Maya and Inca.
Pearson/Prentice Hall Textbook Support--Aztecs
Mr. Sabato's Aztec Cyberhunt
The Ancient Aztecs
Welcome to Mexico--The Aztecs
Test Your Knowledge of the Aztecs--Fling the Teacher Game
Collection of Maya Links
Pearson/Prentice Hall Textbook Support--Incas
Mr. Donn's Incan History
Geographic Incan History Game
The Ice Mummies of the Incas
Searching for Inca Secrets
The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
Capture of an Inca King: Francisco Pizarro
Spaniards v. Incas and the Fall of the Inca Empire
Search the General History Sites for more information about the Aztecs and Inca.
Special Links for China.
Tour the Forbidden City
Tour the Great Wall
Daily Life in China
Ancient Chinese Technology
Extreme Hot Links--Ancient China by Mr. Sabato
Special Links for our Unit on JAPAN
Kids Web Japan
-- Designed especially for American students, this Site has information on Japanese culture presented in a fun and lively way.
Wakamatse Tea and Silk Farm Colony -- Learn about the first Japanese Colony in America at Gold Hill, El Dorado County, California
History of Japan : Mr. Kash's World History--Japan Links
Japanese Art – View a slide show of the Asia Society’s collection of Japanese art, including a statue of Prince Shotoku.
Japanese History Slide Show – View Yoko Hatakeyama’s Japanese History 1 slide show. Murray State University.
Shotoku's Constitution -- View Prince Shotoku’s 17 article constitution.
Haiku –Haiku for teachers and students.
Mr. Donn's Japan – Lessons and activities on Ancient and Feudal Japan.
Creation Myth – Read the creation myth that established the power of the emperor.
Shikibu's Diary – Read the diary of the world’s first female novelist, Murasaki Shikibu.
Tale of Genji – A summary and notes on the characters, culture, and author are presented.
Tale of Genji Images – A summary of the Tale of Genji is accompanied by photographs of the places mentioned in the 1000 page novel.
Meet the Emperor and Empress of Japan -- Meet Emperor Ahkihito and his wife. See scenes from their lives.
A Hotlist on Japan -- This is a nice set of quality sites on Japan.
Hotlist by Topics on Japan -- A great list of sites organized by topic.
Many Topics About Japan -- This hotlist links to sites that cover many interesting topic about Japan.
Fun Topics -- Learn about Japanese names, snacks, after school programs, cartoon characters...
Jananese Culture Hotlist -- Learn about bowing, bathing, footware, brides....
Konichiwa! -- Find everything from culture, art, business, nature, and the environment.
Daily Life -- Learn about Japan from a teacher who visited and took lots of pictures. Activities!
Origami -- Learn how to do origami with animated instructions at origami-club.
Japanese Clans: Information on clans: crests, clan leaders, castles...
Timeline with Emperors: Find out what happened during the reign of each emperor.
Chart of Feudal Society: Pyramid chart showing Emperor at the top and merchants at the bottom.
Table of Feudal Society: Describes each class.
Daimyo Codes: Codes of many clans presented.
Japanese Movie Listing: Movies from A-Z.
Articles on Japan: Summaries of Shogun, Last Samurai, history....
Samurai Warrior Video: Video on the life of samurai.
Samurai Archives: Lots of links about Japanese history.
Citation Machine -- Easily make citatations for your bibliography.
ISBN to Bibliography -- Input the ISBN number and get a perfect bibliography citation.
Easy Bibliography: Make a MS Word ready MLA style bibliography citation with easybib.com.
- Kid's Castle Click Anywhere to Explore the Castle
- Castles and Knights Castle Sites With & Project Ideas--Kennesaw State U.
- Medieval Homework Help All Topics Medieval
- Life In The Middle Ages Learn From Mrs. Sundas Students' Web Reports
- Mr. Donn's Middle Ages Links, Lessons and Activities
- Middle Ages Mr. Kash's Links--Middle Ages & Renaissance
- Middle Ages for Kids Links By Topics Of The Middle Ages--Kathimitchell.com
- Cybersleuthkids Medieval Castles, Knights, Black Death, Crusades and More
- Middle Ages Heraldry, Cooking, Music, Castles...--Kennesaw State U.
- Castel Project Designs Castles, Bell Towers, Bridges, Churches, ...
- Coat of Arms Design and Print a Coat of Arms
- Medieval Life Hyperlinked Activity Lesson With Hyperlinks--Trackstar
- Medieval Sourcebook End of Rome, Islam, Medieval Life, Renaissance...
- Coat of Arms Learn How To Design A Coat of Arms--Irish Surnames.com
- Viking Quest Simulation BBC Simulation of Viking Raids on Europe
- Battle of Hastings Simulation BBC Simulation--Be William or Harrold at Hastings
- 3D Castle Tour Explore the Inside of a Castle in 3D
Renaissance/Reformation/Age of Exploration/Scientific Revolution
Coat of Arms: Design and print your personal coat of arms.
Renaissance Links: Links on every Renaissance topic including daily life, clothing, food, literature, art, science and math...
Renaissance--The Elizabethan World: Find links focusing on the English Renaissance.
Renaissance Links: Find web links and primary souce documents from historyteacher.net.
The Renaissance: Links at teacheroz.com are to primary documents, maps, timelines and comprehensive sites.
Renaissance Art Links: A nice set of links collected by the Babst Library.
Renaissance Music Links: Renaissance music links from the Carolina Connection.
Virtual Renaissance: Take a virtual tour of the Renaissance and meet characters who speak about their lives.
Reformation: Links to web sites and primary source documents from historyteacher.net.
Age of Exploration: A great set of general sites and sites about individual explorerers along with project ideas from the Chenowith School District.
Marine Navigation: View maps, learn to use an octant, learn about longitude and latitude--Seattle Art Museum.
European History: Jim Lloyd of the Fresno Unified School District has put together a great site with historical overviews and links for the study of European histroy from the Renaissance to modern times.
Scientific Revolution: Historyteacher.net does it again with great links and primary sources for the Scientific Revolution.
Renaissance Island: Take a tour of Second Life's Renaissance Island
Sistine Chapel: Great pictures of the Sistine Chapel.
Testbook SupportSocial Studies Teachers on Google Docs: Here is a growing list of the best resources for Social Studies Teachers on Google Docs
- On-This-Day On This Day In History, Sports, Music...
- Timeline Creator Personalize Timelines Using This Site--
- History Channel This Day In History, Programming...
- Social Studies e-Sources Oxford University Press Web Links--By Sabato
- World and American History Mr. Kash's History Page
- Links, PowerPoints, Lessons Scroll Through the Resources from JC-Schools.
- Scholastic Social Studies World & U.S. History
- Mr. Brown's Cyber School History, Geography, Government...
- East and Southeast Asia Annotated Directory of Internet Resources
- Historyteacher.net___ Advanced Placement Resources
- Historical Atlas of the 20th Century Maps Help Understand History and the World
- Research and Writing A Guide to Research and Writing--U. of Mich.
- Interactive Lessons, Games, Quizes Learning is interactive--fun in the UK!
- History Fun and Games Mummy Maker, Jousting, Walk the Plank--UK
- Interactive History Games Fling the Teacher, Penalty Shootout, Hoop...
- Social Studies Games Basic Social Studies Skills Games--JC Schools